Friday, September 3, 2010

Bloogie "Take II" #1 Bday

Deck had a great first bday. He got to celebrate twice-first at a joint party with his cousins a couple weeks ago and then over at the Hansel's on the 1st. He got lots of special toys including a cool learning farm center that Brady and I picked out. He enjoyed his first taste of sugar but I have to admit that the banana cupcakes I made were healthy and low sugar. I just couldn't stand the thought of my little guy being exposed to the cane yet-as I know how addicted I am to my after dinner dessert. In addition to the celebration of our little guy turning one we can also celebrate the fact that our house sold-although we must get through the inspection process which starts on Tuesday. Lots to be thankful for and most especially the love of family and friends.

3 comments:

ehook said...

Happy 1st Birthday Decker! How fun, what a good mama and daddy... I may have to get the banana cupcake recipe for Elinn's 1st birthday, don't want to make the poor girl ill from to much sugar, since I am pretty sure I want expose her to any until then :) Glad to hear the house sold as well, I am sure you are so happy that you can start house hunting.

megs92 said...

Happy Birthday, Decker! It sounds like he had a very celebratory - though healthy - first birthday :)

Team RyKy said...

I cannot believe he is 1 already! One is a great age and it looks like you are having a blast with him. Glad to hear your house sold- what a blessing! Any chance of getting together sometime soon? Let us know if you are in the area... We need to catch up! You're welcome to stay with us if you need for closing, etc!

Happy Birthday!