Friday, January 1, 2010

Party Like It's 1999


Remember when the year 2000 was coming in and the Prince song made a come back?? Good times! Well, I've decided that I really don't like the New Years holiday-every year seems like a big let down. And after Christmas and Thanksgiving it's just the long cold winter to look forward to. Sure we have lots to be thankful for (and look forward to in the new year)-one being the little man but the winter blues still get me down. I did get out with Ro today to soak up what little vitamin D the exposed skin on my face could absorb. Deck living in the climate controlled environment of our house doesn't even realize it's winter-every day is warm and cozy for him as it should be-although I am worried he's not getting enough fresh air. I'm constantly obsessing over the humidity and temp of our house. Anyway-here he is happy as a clam over the fact that he found his toes!! Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Remember when we could actually stay up UNTIL midnight?? :-) Ah, those were the days.
The finding of the toes is huge! Go, Decker!

megs92 said...

What a special revelation! Hopefully some pretty winter weather and hearty warm soups will help get you through the winter. Something that always helps me is dreaming about my spring garden - even if you won't do a lot of planting this year, it's a lot of fun to think about :)