Saturday, November 1, 2008

Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon



Well, we survived the mini this morning-although I can tell I'm going to be very sore tomorrow! It was a fun, flat course-passing through many neighborhoods in Indy that I had never been through. Brady was a good encourager and coach for me when I wanted to take it easy and cruise in-he insisted we must finish strong. He did get a little excited about a free chocolate Gu that was handed out towards the end of the race. I expressed that there should be no more talking in my dilapidated state and that he should go on, obviously feeling much better than I, but he insisted on staying by my side even when I got mean-ha!

Congrats to my former ISU teammate and friend Jeri for winning the woman's division! And thanks to our friends Alyssa and Travis for cheering us on! Go Trees!

2 comments:

mom H said...

Ang,
So happy to hear you went back to running. Brady you look great as the Indiana man? What do you think your gonna be next year. So sorry about canceling last nite. Just too much for old mom. I do want to get together soon. Maybe your mom and dad and us can go up together on Bobs 3 day coming up soon. Proud of you both. Love you always, Mom H.
PS Your pics are great Ang!!!

Alison said...

You guys rock!