Sunday, October 19, 2008

Covered Bridge



The annual Covered Bridge Festival took place this past week. Wednesday I met my parents in Brazil for the somewhat annual tradition of attending-although I missed quite a few years during college. This year we chose to go to Bridgeton-last year it was Mansfield. Maybe next year it will be Rockville. The best part of CB is of course the food much like any other festival. We had cinnamon rolls and an Amish pretzel for the morning snack, BBQ dinners for dad and I, ham and beans for mom for lunch, and pumpkin ice cream for afternoon dessert. Can you say umm umm good! Bridgeton is known for it's grist mill that produces cornmeal and flour among other things-they have been a vendor at the Broad Ripple market this season. Also this past year a new covered bridge was constructed in the place of the one that was burned down from arson. This is also a favorite fishing spot of dad and Todds.

1 comment:

mom H said...

Good seeing you kids Sat. Brooklyn was so thrilled that Uncle Brday played Soccer with her. She told her mom she beat Grammy and Uncle Brady. LOL. The covered Bridge always sounds fun. But not enough to fight that battle of feeling bad the next few days. My ears are some better but putting Brooklyns shoes on today I pulled my back. Going to Doc John tomarrow. L,Ma