Friday, October 24, 2008

Perceptions and Personalities

Tuesday I went to IU to meet with my professor for the Independent Study course. It was an experience. I hadn't been to campus in a few years or more than a few-anyway-I felt totally old and out of place. Even the Prof made me feel rusty. I was wondering how old I looked to the students since they all looked about 16 to me-ha! Anyway-I have quite a bit of work to do on the paper/project after our chat, although he reiterated that he didn't want me to do a re-write. I did however get the Stats class waived which is a huge blessing, although I'm not sure that Environmental Engineering could be much better!

The dog trainer turned life coach that I've been working with over the past 2 months introduced me to the Enneagram and discovering your personality type. It is so interesting. Most of the time perceptions I think are based on our different personality types and by learning about different personalities we can better communicate with each other and grow as individuals into our strengths. Anyway-I would love to hear about what type you are-there is a free online test if you google it. I also have two books about it.

This week has been extremely busy for me. I actually have three jobs that I'm working on after a 3 month hiatus with no projects in site, mainly because of the economic situation. And last day of market is tomorrow with rain and chill in the forecast.

On a final note, I'm so excited for my long time friend, Ali, who just got engaged over the weekend! Congrats Ali and Mike!!

No comments: